Georgetown Trust is committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of the visitors to our website. We strive to be completely transparent with how we collect and use information we gather about you on this site.
Your privacy is important to us and we respect your preferences.
Types of Data We Collect
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored, and used by Georgetown Trust:
- information about your computer including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system;
- information about your visits to and use of this website including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths;
- information, such as your email address, that you enter when you register with our website, complete a contact form, or choose to download a content offer;
- information that you enter when you request that we contact you—for example, your name, phone number, email, address, areas of interest, etc.;
- information, such as your name and email address, that you enter to set up subscriptions to our emails and/or newsletters;
- information that you enter while using the services on our website;
- information that is generated while using our website, including when, how often, and under what circumstances you use it;
- information that you post to our website, such as blog comments, with the intention of publishing it on the internet, which includes your username, profile pictures, and the content of your posts;
- information contained in any communications that you send to us by email or through our website, including its communication content and metadata;
- any other personal information that you send to us.
This website is not intended for or is targeted at children under 16, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children under 16. If you believe that we have collected information about a child under 16, please contact us at concierge @ georgetowntrust.com.
How We Collect Data
Georgetown Trust implements cookies to store user information and track user activities. Your web browser places cookies on your hard drive for record-keeping purposes and sometimes to track information. Cookies enable us to monitor your activity across sessions of interaction between your device and the website.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies. We use both session and persistent cookies on our website.
While Georgetown Trust does need to gather certain information to make your website experience personalized and to conduct transactions for you, we want to give you the ability to control how your information is provided and shared.
- Email Preferences. For various reasons, Georgetown Trust may contact you about our services.
If you would like to decline cooking tracking, you can manage how your browser handles cookies and other tracking devices by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your browser. If accessing our website by a mobile device, you may manage the information your mobile device shares, such as cookies, tracking technologies, and location information, by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings.
How We Use Information We Collect
We Never Sell Personal Information
We will never sell your Personal Information to any third party.
Georgetown Trust may use Personal Information to enhance your user experience, to help us better understand you, to help us customize offers, blog topics, or posts that may be of interest to you, and to help us otherwise enhance the website.
We use Personal Information to:
- Identify and authenticate users;
- Facilitate transactions;
- Operate and improve the website;
- Connect with you on social media (such as Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter);
- Contact you by phone or email;
- Personalize and continually improve your experience with Georgetown Trust;
- Provide you with suggested information based on variables such as stated preferences, interests, business activities, and/or location;
- Send you technical notices, updates, alerts and support, and administrative messages service bulletins, or marketing;
- Evaluate additional services, items, or offerings that may be of interest to you;
- Track transactions and perform other analytics;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about Georgetown Trust partners or third parties; and
- Manage everyday business needs for Georgetown Trust such as website administration, communication management, analytics, fraud prevention, enforcement of our corporate reporting obligations, or to comply with the law.
Disclosing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
Personal Information Retention
To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the type and volume of the information, the negatives that can result from un-permitted access to such information, why we gather such information and the availability of achieving the goals of such gathering through alternative means.
If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time from the date you last expressed interest in our content, products, or services, such as when you last opened an email from us. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
EU Data Subject Rights
In certain circumstances, you have the following rights under data protection laws in relation to your Personal Information:
- Request access to your Personal Information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Information that Georgetown Trust holds about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the Personal Information. This enables us to have any incomplete or inaccurate data held about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data provided.
- Request erasure of Personal Information. This enables you to ask Georgetown Trust to delete or remove Personal Information where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Information where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to gathering of your Personal Information where Georgetown Trust is relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to gathering on this ground as you feel it impacts your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where Georgetown Trust is gathering your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to gather your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of gathering of your Personal Information. This enables you to ask Georgetown Trust to suspend the gathering of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want Georgetown Trust to establish the data's accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want Georgetown Trust to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to Georgetown Trust’s use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your Personal Information to you or to a third party. Georgetown Trust will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your Personal Information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where Georgetown Trust is relying on consent to gather your Personal Information. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any gathering carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. Georgetown Trust will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
To Unsubscribe From Our Communications
You may unsubscribe from our marketing communications by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link located at the bottom of our e-mails, updating your communication preferences, or by emailing us at concierge @ georgetowntrust.com, or by mailing us at Georgetown Trust, Ltd, P.O. Box 159, Caye Financial Centre, 3rd Floor, San Pedro Town, Ambergris Caye, Belize, Central America.
If Georgetown Trust is relying on your consent for certain activities, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by emailing us at concierge @ georgetowntrust.com.
Privacy Practices of Third Parties
Georgetown Trust Blog
Georgetown Trust contains a blog and other areas where users may publicly post information, communicate with other users, and submit content they deem relevant for discussion. All the information you post will be accessible to anyone, at any time, with Internet access. We strongly advise you to NOT post any personal or identifiable information about yourself or contact information, including address, email, phone numbers, or other means of communicating outside of the blog. Any information you post may be read, collected, and used by others.